Yiyang Huang is a business lawyer with legal expertise and business acumen to offer customized effective solutions to her clients and help their businesses grow, flourish and successfully exit. Clients benefit from the depth and breadth of her skills and experience from over a decade of practice with the nation’s premier international law firms, her sophisticated legal knowledge and background, and her ability to provide personal attention and individualized services.
Yiyang started her legal career in the New York office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, a prominent international law firm, where she led high-stakes M&A and strategic transactions for corporate and private equity clients in both public and private transactions across a wide array of industries. She also represented clients in other corporate matters such as securities law compliance and SEC disclosure. She later joined the New York office of Morrison & Foerster LLP, where she led M&A transactions focusing on middle market transactions that often have cross-border elements and complexities. She also advised clients on venture capital financing, corporate restructuring, commercial contracts negotiations, board and shareholder fiduciary duties and takeover defenses. She also has working knowledge of finance and accounting issues and has passed two levels of the CFA exams. Yiyang is fluent in Chinese and is admitted to practice law in New York.
• J.D., with honors, University of Texas School of Law, where she was a member of the Texas International Law Journal.
• B.A., magna cum laude, Lawrence University
*some matters worked on at prior firms
- Represented a private company in its acquisition of a child-care and education business in Virginia.
- Represented IAR Systems Group, a Swedish computer software company that trades on the NASDAQ OMX in Stockholm, in its acquisition of Secure Thingz, Inc., a Delaware corporation that develops and sells products for the implementation of embedded security in connected devices.
- Represented private equity firm WM Partners, LP in its sale of Nutranext Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries to The Clorox Company.
- Represented Global Partnership Investing Capital, a private equity fund, in connection with the $2.5 billion funding round of GrabTaxi.
- Represented Hatchtech Pty Limited, an Australian pharmaceutical company, in its sale to Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories of exclusive rights for Hatchtech’s head lice product for an upfront payment and milestone payments.
- Represented The Coca-Cola Company in its worldwide strategic partnership with Monster Beverage Corporation and its acquisition of a 16.7 percent stake in Monster.
- Represented Colony Capital, LLC in its contribution to Colony Financial, Inc., a NYSE listed company, of substantially all of Colony Capital’s real estate and investment management businesses and operations.
- Represented Norwest Equity Partners, a private equity group, in the auction and sale of Savage Sports Corporation, a manufacturer of hunting rifles and shotguns.
- Represented TPG Capital, L.P. in its acquisition of Assisted Living Concepts, Inc., an operator of assisted living residences.
- Represented News Corporation in its sale to China Media Capital, a Chinese government backed private equity fund, of a controlling stake in its Chinese language television channels business and Chinese language movie library, including a reorganization of the businesses for the purposes of forming the resulting joint venture.