A company desiring to reduce fees paid to outside counsel while at the same time streamlining and improving the quality and reliability of the legal function can hire Flatiron to perform an outside general counsel function to handle address critical legal matters and corporate formalities.
For companies with an in-house legal department, Flatiron works to help the lawyers meet their objectives in serving the business by providing specific expertise and additional resources when and where needed.
We interact effectively with executive teams, boards of directors and owners and respond in real time to their needs for timely advice on legal matters, business opportunities and other events that occur.
We frequently provide GC or legal department support services on a fixed fee basis, defining the scope of work and ensuring that what needs to be done gets done on time and on budget.
Our work includes, as requested:
- Support clients in achieving business objectives while anticipating exposures and evaluating and managing legal risk.
- Advice on the legal implications and regulatory risks associated with proposed business activities and other events.
- Transactional support and strategic advice on new business opportunities.
- Preparation of regulatory filings and advice on reporting obligations.
- Advise on corporate governance, including board fiduciary duties and secretarial functions such as meeting minutes, resolutions and consents.
- Advice on privacy and cybersecurity.
- Preparation and review of technology transactions & licensing including traditional, cloud, outsource, infrastructure and data center and hybrid configurations.
- Advise on Blockchain implementations including smart contracts and cryptocurrencies, including regulations affecting them.
- Review of marketing materials to ensure compliance with law and best practices.
- Review of communications with investors to ensure proper, fair and uniform disclosure in accordance with legal requirements and best practices.
- Advice on the development of compliance policies, procedures and programs to ensure the company conducts its business in compliance with applicable laws and internal ethical guidelines and policies.
- Advice on legislative and regulatory changes and other developments impacting the business.
- Advice on employment matters, including policies, hiring and termination.
Our team also works with clients to improve and streamline operational practices to reduce operational and legal risk while also saving costs, helping clients to manage ad hoc projects and deadlines.